I was not expecting anything like this and the next thing I know I found myself nominated by Our3kidsvtheworld. Thanks! I have been writing on my blog for just over two years now, but it is only this year that I decided to step up my game, put in the work, and try and make it shine. How am I doing so far?
I find that technology, or rather my technology handicap is the most significant hurdle. I am plugging away, slowly trying to understand all these weird things like SEO, google analytics, not to mention staying on top of all the social media outlets I have. The bottom line is that I love writing, more importantly, I enjoy story telling. It is because of that I will wade through the murky world of inter-web technology.
To participate in the award, each nominee has to follow 6 simple rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award, that have less than ( or around) 300 followers.
- Let those bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
I love answering quirky random questions reading about the motivations behind why other people write. This should be fun!
They’re the rules now lets start with Sally’s questions:
1. Where’s your next holiday destination? My next expedition will be some kind of day trip within Minnesota, USA. I am back home for a few months, but am determined to travel around and explore my hometown with new eyes. I am think it might be Duluth, MN.
2. Why did you choose that destination? It has a beautiful harbor, and lovely little antique stores and used book shops. I could through them for hours.
3. Suitcase or backpack? I am a backpack girl usually. Unless I am going to be in only one location.
4. When did you start your blog? I started it in preparation for leaving to teach English in South Korea. I have been writing on it for about two years now.
5. What’s the best advice/tip you have received about blogging from other bloggers? Join a support group of other bloggers and or like-minded people. Travel Blog Success has been a wonderful resource for me personally.
6. What’s the biggest obstacle you have come across during your blogging career? Technology. I am terrible at it. I don’t like it. It makes me nauseous. However, I know it’s necessary so I am doing my best.
7. Where was your most memorable holiday? A lovely two month journey through Greece, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, and Bosnia via sailboat and backpacking.
8. Your favourite social media platform for blogging and why? I am really loving instagram right now. Mostly because its intuitive, and doesn’t stress me out.
9. If money was not object, where would you love to go? I would love to spend a significant time in eastern Europe.
10. Summer or winter? I can’t choose. I really can’t. I thoroughly enjoy both.
11. List 3 of your favourite travel blogs that you currently follow.
Right now I am really enjoying…
Now to give 11 random facts about myself:
1. I played soccer for 9 years and rugby for 1 year.
2. I am a coffee addict.
3. I have eaten live octopus, raw sea worms, snake, and duck brain.
4. I don’t like potatoes.
5. I have four legal names.
6. I have ridden on a yak.
7. I name my plants.
8. I am literature lover and like to participate in book challenges.
9. I have lived in Korea for 2 years.
10. I love learning languages but have a difficult time remaining faithful to any one language.
11. My favorite creatures are turtles, penguins, and dolphins. But my favorite mythological creature is the Pegasus.
Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award:
My 11 questions for them to answer:
1. Why do you write?
2. Are you a book sniffer?
3. What is your favorite travel quote?
4. What languages do you speak?
5. Do you plan on learning more languages?
6. White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
7. Which three blogs inspire you the most?
8. Coffee or tea?
9. E-reader or book?
10. How would you describe your travel style?
11. Traveling is great, but where do you feel most at home?
Thank you for taking the time to read this and thanks again to Our3kidsvtheworld for nominating me. Good luck to the 11 nominees and I look forward to reading your answers!